October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Our Team, along with all of the other Santa Clara Sporting teams, will proudly wear their pink jerseys in support of breast cancer awareness. Help us collect donations to support this fight. All teams will participate in a goal-a-thon (pledge per goal scored), along with collecting flat fees towards this cause. All funds raised will be used to provide mammogram examinations at El Camino Hospital in Mountain View for women who may need financial support. Each team is trying to reach a goal of $1000, and to break last year’s combined club record of $26,537.45.
Similar to last year, we have many ideas to help raise awareness, We will:
- sell “pink” bracelets
- sell soccer balls w/ a pink ribbon on it
- pass the shaker jar after each goal scored
- inform our opponents prior to games about the Goals-for-a Cure, to encourage them to participate
- provide opponents a favor after each game
- make pink hair accessories for the girls to wear during games
- provide our banner for other to honor those that have had cancer touch their lives
If you’d like to honor someone and have their name on a ribbon, please include the particulars below in a comment and we’ll get them going. Other Ideas are welcome!!
Go Sporting, Beat Breast Cancer!!