October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Our Team, along with all of the other Santa Clara Sporting teams, will proudly wear their pink jerseys in support of breast cancer awareness. This is the fourth year of the SCSC project. Money raised in
- 2008 – $12,200
- 2009 – $26,537
- 2010 – $17,282
Help us collect donations to support this fight. All teams will participate in a goal-a-thon (pledge per goal scored), along with collecting flat fees towards this cause. All funds raised will be used to provide mammogram examinations at El Camino Hospital in Mountain View for women who may need financial support. Each team is trying to reach a goal of $1000, and to break last year’s combined club record of $26,537.45.
Similar to last year, we have many ideas to help raise awareness, We will:
- sell “pink” ribbon ties ($3ea – 2/$5)
- Wear our pink Jerseys
- pass the shaker jar after each goal scored
- inform our opponents prior to games about the Goals-for-a Cure, to encourage them to participate
- sell raffle tickets for a beautiful fleece blanket made and donated by Lisa Nakano ($1 per ticket)
- play all games in honor of the names of our family and friends who have battled any type of cancer – names will be pinned to our banner throughout the month
If you’d like to honor someone and have their name on a ribbon, please include the particulars below in a comment and we’ll get them going. Other Ideas are welcome!!
Go Sporting, Beat Breast Cancer!!